Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Soul of my Art





                                            The Soul of my Art


          I paint my subject as he gets in touch with his inner self. Whenever one looks at my painting, I want him to answer this question: What does it mean to be a person historically, experientially and personally? The viewer has to go beyond the surface and reflect on what he sees so as to arrive at a deeper understanding of the human psyche. This is the foremost reason why I do not render my subject based on the usual standards of rendering it; symbolism always being an integral part of my work. Philosopher Descartes says "I think therefore I am." In my paintings, I say " I think and I feel therefore I am." Painting my subject is not a matter of duplicating an image but capturing his very essence, his soul on canvas.


                                   "Forever my Love will be", soft pastel


                                                     "Transience", oil


                                                 "Captive Birds", oil


                                                 "Bird Charmers", acrylic


No comments:

Post a Comment